Apply with us today by filling out our application after reviewing the job description & requirements.
In order to keep our application process consistent, please refrain from calling or visiting our offices at this time. We will contact you after we review your application. Thank you.
- A minimum of 2 years of Masonry experience.
- Must have experience with planned drawings, laying brick, block, pavers, natural stone, blue stone, culture stone, etc.
- Comfortable running crews.
- Strict and efficient execution within set deadlines.
- Ability to support the estimation and materials acquisition processes.
- Understanding of brand integrity and personal responsibility.
Lays building materials, such as brick, structural tile, and concrete cinder, glass, gypsum, and terra cotta block (except stone) to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers, and other structures:
- Measures distance from reference points and marks guidelines on working surface to lay out work.
- Spreads soft bed (layer) of mortar that serves as base and binder for block, using trowel.
- Applies mortar to end of block and positions block in mortar bed.
- Taps block with trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing specified thickness of joint.
- Removes excess mortar from face of block, using trowel.
- Finishes mortar between brick with pointing tool or trowel.
- Breaks bricks to fit spaces too small for whole brick, using edge of trowel or brick hammer.
- Determines vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gauge line (tightly stretched cord), and level.
- Fastens brick or terra cotta veneer to face of structures, with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
- May apply plaster to walls and ceiling, using trowel, to complete repair work.
- Cleans working surface to remove scale, dust, soot, or chips of brick and mortar, using broom, wire brush, or scraper.
- May be designated according to material used as Cinder-Block Mason (construction); Concrete-Block Mason (construction); Terra-Cotta Mason (construction); or work performed as Bricklayer, Maintenance (any industry).
- May be designated: Block Setter, Gypsum (construction); Hollow-Tile-Partition Erector (construction); Plaster-Block Layer (construction); Silo Erector (construction).
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Educational and Other Requirements:
Proven masonry experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Transportation to & from Office
- Valid Florida ID & License
- Complete training program according to schedule.
Physical demands & working conditions
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; talk or listen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; spraying chemicals; outside weather conditions.
Key Performance Indicators
Education: We will have monthly training seminars & testing for improvement.
Excellence: Complete all training & score in the 90s on all tests.
- Minimal Standard: Complete all training seminars & score at least an 85 on all tests.
- Failure: Miss any training & score below an 85 on any test.
Neatness: Employee is expected to keep the shop, yard, & truck clean.
- Excellence: Takes initiative to see that everything is clean & organized.
- Minimal Standard: Keeps personal area clean. Cleans yard & shop.
- Failure: Any of the following are dirty or unorganized: truck, shop, or yard.
Team participation: Employee must be team oriented. Needs to keep clients & crew informed.
- Excellence: All clients are informed of progress on their property.
- Minimal Standard: Empowering crew members to deal with client issues during job progress.
- Failure: Missing deadlines on schedule. Failure to execute daily communication between team members & clients.
Punctuality: Employee need to be on time each day & ready to work.
- Excellence: Employee shows up 10 minutes early and is prepared for work. Doesn’t call in & is never late.
- Minimal Standard: Employee shows up to work on time.
- Failure: Employee fails to show up on time, calls off, or is not ready.
Dress code: Employee must show up dressed in appropriate clothing according to the dress code in the employee manual.
- Excellence: Shows up daily ready, in a clean uniform & is well groomed.
- Minimal Standard: Employee shows up ready & in a clean uniform.
- Failure: Employee is not in compliance with dress code.